Faemina as office coffee machine

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
rolleiman

#1: Post by rolleiman »

Hi all:
Recently, I brought my Faemina to the office as the main coffee machine for our coffee club.
I made several shots with milk in one time, and had to refill the water when there is nothing come out from the machine. I guess it had never been used so much before.
You can never burn out the heater when you use it heavily, the water cannot come out when it went down below the hole to the piston chamber, there is still some water left to protect the heater.
Its steam is powerful than the other machines with pressurestat, because there is no pressurestat to turn off the heater, simply switch to max before you want to steam the milk. It makes steam like crazy.
Switch off the machine between shots to prevent overheat.
The water inlet as below is needed,
Jumping into another rabbit hole- with a Faemina.

Faemina is capable more than I imagined.

Advertisement
crazy4espresso

#2: Post by crazy4espresso »

Nice. The people at my office can barely be trusted with a Keurig. Careful, the water left in there to protect the elements can still disappear if you leave the machine on long enough. I would never bring it into my office, :)
She does steam like a locomotive. I bet it scared a few people.
"I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless." — Napoleon Bonaparte
LMWDP #427

DJF

#3: Post by DJF replying to crazy4espresso »

Nelson nailed it. I took my Cremina into the factory but would be more than happy using the Faemina. I'm the only one there however so it doesn't matter. The weighty little faemina is the only home lever I know that will give you consistently repeatable shots similar in production and taste to a commercial machine.

Half the fun is it being like a steam train to drive. Careful of curious and untrained hands though.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

rolleiman (original poster)

#4: Post by rolleiman (original poster) »

Many guy asked what is it, some of them took pictures, most of the time, i brew the coffee using it for our coffee lovers, other people don't know how to use it. It was turned off after the coffee break. I guess it is quite safe.

Jack

#5: Post by Jack »

May I have the HR contact for job application please ? :twisted: