Want to buy espresso machine and grinder... but can't decide - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Ethernaut05 (original poster)

#21: Post by Ethernaut05 (original poster) »

Joco wrote:Wait... isn't a V2B and a Duetto 3 close to the same price?
https://www.chriscoffee.com/quick-mill- ... /db995.htm

Vetrano is $2295
Duetto 3 is $2395
Actually the Duetto 3 is $2500. A stretch higher. Do you feel strongly of one over the others?

boar_d_laze

#22: Post by boar_d_laze »

Ethernaut05 wrote:Actually the Duetto 3 is $2500.
For the sake of accuracy it's listed at $2595 at Chris and Clive, $2604 at WLL, etc. However, no price is final until the negotiating is done; and when you're buying a grinder too that gives you some additional leverage.

Rich
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

Joco

#23: Post by Joco »

Sorry I was quoting what I paid last year for a Duetto. But I know Clive does run $150 off at times. So I think you'd be close in price between the 2.

#24: Post by Ethernaut05 (original poster) »

In your opinion(s) if both priced out the same; what's the pro/cons of the Duetto3 vs the Vetrano2B? I mean at this point I just showed my kids the night shots of the V2B ablaze in blue LEDs and the bright red PID and my 9 year old is asking me to teach him make espresso! Lol!

beer&mathematics

#25: Post by beer&mathematics »

I like the V2B since the meters are placed at an angle that allows you to read them comfortably. Plus, I like the looks better. All other questions, I can't answer :P
LMWDP #431

rgarner

#26: Post by rgarner »

Selling my Expobar Office Lever Plus for anyone who is interested.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1343930717

#27: Post by Ethernaut05 (original poster) »

Would like to thank ALL of you for the guidance. Spoke with Mary at CCS; she was fabulous! Landed on the Quick Mill Vetrano and the Baratza Vario. I hope I choose well and that not only I have this equipment for many many years to come; but that they provide me wonderful coffee every day!! It'll be leaps and bounds over the super auto!! Now for the fun part....accessories!!!! Can't wait! Need to call the plumber!