Espresso machine recommendations for cheap - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
bmock (original poster)

#11: Post by bmock (original poster) »

drgary wrote:You can always re-sell what you get now and save up for something good. When I was in your position I found a few used machines and learned to service them. My first one was a La Pavoni Europiccola I found in working condition for $50. It still works great and was the start of my learning about lever machines. It pulls as well as my Olympia Cremina. Build quality isn't as good and steam valve needs frequent servicing but the coffee's just fine.
Ive been looking on ebay etc for a lever havent seen anything yet... wanna get rid of your La Pavoni?! HAHA.

Any other good sources for places to buy used?

SpromoSapiens

#12: Post by SpromoSapiens »

La Pavoni Europiccola often goes on ebay, used, for about a few hundo. Gold standard basic manual lever. Not great for too many shots in a row, but has a decent steam capacity and is probably the best bang for buck, quality-wise.

drgary
Team HB

#13: Post by drgary »

And you can do shots in a row too as long as you're not using it to serve a line of customers in a cafe because after about 6 and steaming the boiler may need a refill. I've written about these and if they're adjusted right you can control their temperature. But that's OT. And no, I'm not selling mine. I'm keeping it for sentimental reasons.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

bmock (original poster)

#14: Post by bmock (original poster) »

SpromoSapiens wrote:La Pavoni Europiccola often goes on ebay, used, for about a few hundo. Gold standard basic manual lever. Not great for too many shots in a row, but has a decent steam capacity and is probably the best bang for buck, quality-wise.

Doesnt seem like many working ones go for less than 500$ here lately.. Ill keep waiting :D

bmock (original poster)

#15: Post by bmock (original poster) »

drgary wrote:And you can do shots in a row too as long as you're not using it to serve a line of customers in a cafe because after about 6 and steaming the boiler may need a refill. I've written about these and if they're adjusted right you can control their temperature. But that's OT. And no, I'm not selling mine. I'm keeping it for sentimental reasons.

Thanks for your info!