Where to buy Rancilio or Baratza grinder

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
bergjm

#1: Post by bergjm »

Hi all, new to the forums.

I am still at the drip level, but I am looking to get a good burr grinder. I am looking at either the low end Baratzas or the Rancilio Rocky, leaning toward the Rocky since it sounds like it is built to last longer, but still give me a nice grind.

My issue is I can not find any brick and mortar stores that carry the Baratza nor the Rancilios, so I am forced to purchase on the web, but I am reading conflicting stories on these vendors.

I am on the East Coast - New Jersey near Philadelphia PA. I have pretty much narrowed it down to Chris Coffee and Seattle Coffee Gear. Seattle Coffee Gear has a 2 year Warranty and Chris a 1 year, but Seattle is the other side of the country so it would take a while for repairs, although with the Rocky I would hope the chance of repairs in 2 years is minimal.

Can anyone comment on these vendors for their phone support, ease and quality of repairs, and return policies? Has anyone used them for warranty claims? Anyone else I should be looking at?

Thanks for any help

Advertisement
Marshall

#2: Post by Marshall »

These are commonly sold in the better coffee shops. Call ahead to see if they are in stock.
Marshall
Los Angeles

sonnyhad

#3: Post by sonnyhad »

I think 1st coffee is in NJ check them out. I believe you'll find most of us buy our equipment over the internet. Rarely does one ever need service that they cannot do themselves. Others that have had problems have commented on good customer service. Good luck.
LMWDP 437

Mochamaker

#4: Post by Mochamaker »

i purchased my Rocky a year ago from Seattle Coffee Gear and have purchased other items through them. Their service is awesome if you need it, and as far as my Rocky, it works like the work horse that it is. You may check some high end kitchen supply stores or even a restaurant supply house may have them. I would not think twice about ordering from SCG again.

sweaner

#5: Post by sweaner »

look for a Baratza refurb on the Baratza site.

https://www.baratza.com/cgi-bin/commerc ... egory=RFRB
Scott
LMWDP #248

cmin

#6: Post by cmin replying to sweaner »

Remember though when you check their refurb section, have to wait till Thursdays when they update it with new offerings

bergjm (original poster)

#7: Post by bergjm (original poster) »

Mochamaker: Do you use your Rocky for drip at all or for other types of coffee?

Thanks.

Advertisement
bergjm (original poster)

#8: Post by bergjm (original poster) »

Thanks all for your replies. I will check 1st coffee.