Making my Bunnzilla (Ditting 804 burrs in a Bunn) - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by JohnB. »

The opening is there & if it's not covered at the top of the burr the grounds will be dumped back into the auger & feed back through the burrs. The spacer also centers the burr which is more important with the over sized screw holes of the stock Bunn burr then with the "no room for error" Ditting burrs. The flat burr carriers/mounts in every grinder I've had apart all use some method to secure the burr so that it can't move from side to side even if the screws were to loosen up.
LMWDP 267

WSH

#12: Post by WSH »

Sounds reasonable, thanks

osanco

#13: Post by osanco »

ira wrote:So was there a problem with the delrin or the aluminium ones? Do you think it allowed the burr to move? Never considered delrin though I have plenty in the shop that would have worked. Any good reason you want to make a third spacer?

Ira
No, the Delrin was fine. We just wanted to see if it was causing static. There may be marginally less static, but it's inconclusive.

We are going to make these in both aluminum and stainless and offer them for sale on our website. We may even offer them assembled.

endlesscycles

#14: Post by endlesscycles »

osanco wrote:..
We are going to make these in both aluminum and stainless and offer them for sale on our website. We may even offer them assembled.
website? I've been wanting to suggest this to folks around town, but I don't want to get involved with machine shops on their behalf.
-Marshall Hance
Asheville, NC

ira (original poster)
Team HB

#15: Post by ira (original poster) »

I was rooting around in my desk yesterday and this re-surfaced. It's been there since my dad passed and he must have had it for 15 or more years before that. Leftovers from some job at work, way to nice to send to scrap. And I thought, what a perfect way to adjust grind size on bunnzilla. It's about the same size as the current knob, maybe I can just make a new front plate and instant, repeatable grind adjustment by .0001". Sadly it would involve increasing the depth of the knob by about 2 1/2 inches. I still have the seven step plate and I thought this would be a nice upgrade.

Ira

It's about 4" long by about 2.5" in diameter.

TomC
Team HB

#16: Post by TomC »

That would look so frigging cool!
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

ira (original poster)
Team HB

#17: Post by ira (original poster) replying to TomC »

Yea, that was my exact thought. I've been trying to find something to do with that for about 10 years and this was the first reasonable idea. Maybe after I replace the case with something wood about 12" high I'll have the space to push it back the 3" I need to consider that. I could also get a shorter less powerful motor that turns at 1/2 speed but since the motor shaft is the burr carrier it's not that easy.

Ira