Pharos Grounds Removal Tips and Mods - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Chert

#11: Post by Chert »

I wish to post my grounds removal and stabilization mod. To my knowledge, my toy box mod is the only surround I have seen. But it was time for a change. See the for sell thread for it.

Of course, there is much more wood working skill and gear represented on this site than I have.

I needed to downsize my box and I wished to get away from using the quickgrip clamps I used. With this setup the wooden Pharos stand is bolted to the table. I can grind for our 4 morning shots and with the last one knock six times to free the remaining ground in the funnel. While grinding, the adjustment bar stands in it's slot there to prevent torquing on the hinge. That hinge is one my favorite parts although if someone were to improve on my design they should use two hinges or a better system. There's alot of play in that old distressed hinge.

Some pictures:

This is how it looks on the table. I may find a small enough catch jar to set under the funnel, but for now a fold piece of paper works well to transfer the grinds.

I found a bright spot in my back yard to shoot some pics of it assembled prior to taking off the Pharos for the final step of mounting it on the espresso table.

Distressed hinge and as usual wood lying around the place. Total cost $4 in bolts and screws plus most of my free time this weekend.
LMWDP #198