Next Coffee Roasting Competition-Springtime - Page 5

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.

Coffee Roasting Competition-Springtime Poll

Yes- Mid March, drip coffee only- bean type TBD
52%
No- Mid March, drip coffee only- bean type TBD
9%
Yes-Mid March, drip and espresso-bean types TBD
30%
No- Mid March, drip and espresso- bean types TBD
9%

Total votes: 23

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#41: Post by TomC (original poster) »

Good god, I can't win. it goes from bad to worse. Someone just dutifully pointed out that there's only 3 pounds left of the Amaro Gayo.

This is a very public, very embarrassing fail.

I've double checked, they have at least 70 pounds of each of the other coffees. I kept adding larger and larger quantities into my cart and proceed to checkout without issues with them. I didn't bother to go past 70, so it's safe to say there's plenty to go around.

We're down to the two confirmed coffees plus if folks want to submit an Ethiopian option, they have at least 70 pounds of the Ethiopian Yirg Kochere Grade 1 I first proposed as well. I don't want to trouble folks with adding the Ethiopian from Sweet Maria's if they strongly object to participating when its going to cost more to source coffee from multiple vendors.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

another_jim
Team HB

#42: Post by another_jim »

If the competition is for brew only and SO only; it may not matter having multiple sellers. If people want the SM Yrg, they can order that without ordering the Roastmaster's coffee.
Jim Schulman

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#43: Post by TomC (original poster) »

True, but every additional coffee adds another exponential amount of potential cupping work to be done by our new judges. I don't want to over stretch our welcome.

What started out as a poll to see if folks wanted to have another comp evolved into my bad clobbered together planning. Lesson learned, if I propose another one next year around springtime, all the footwork will be worked out beforehand and established in the very first post.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

pShoe

#44: Post by pShoe »

It's all working out fine 8)