Bezzera BZ07 all three lights flashing

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cmoguy

#1: Post by cmoguy »

I haven't used my BZ07 in a couple months at which time it was working perfectly, however when I turned it on now, all three blue lights flash which is usually an indication of low/no water. I just put fresh water in as I've done countless times, put the tubes in, and can hear the click when I set the water down into the machine, the only thing I can think of is a faulty circuit relaying that the water is empty when it is not.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so is there anything that can be done that doesn't involve calling a technician? Thank you in advance.

/Steve

another_jim
Team HB

#2: Post by another_jim »

Some Bezzeras have an electric circuit that completes through two screws in the water tank, one on each side. If they don't seat right, the machine thinks there's no water in the tank.
Jim Schulman

erics
Supporter ★

#3: Post by erics »

Jim - this one has the spring loaded platform and corresponding "weight" switch.

Steve - undress the machine as necessary and simply connect the two leads going to the microswitch under the reservoir platform using a jumper wire. Certainly do all of this with the machine unplugged. OR, you could TRY seating and unseating the reservoir itself several times as a temporary(?) fix. If you need some "hep" I am at 301-587-5033.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

cmoguy (original poster)

#4: Post by cmoguy (original poster) »

Update:

Turns out there is definitely a loose connection as few days after the original post I turned it on and it just worked. However if I don't put the portafilter in gently enough, or even at the very beginning of every tenth pull or so, the three lights will start flashing.

I've found the solution to this is a firm but gentle tap on the right side of the machine. Unfortunately after downloading the diagram (bottom of post) I don't feel confident enough to take the the machine apart as I fear my poking around will do more harm than good.

My new question is, does anyone have experience taking the top off of the BZ07 and/or know what i should be looking for? Or, can somebody recommend a technician in or around Union County, NJ that will make house calls.

Thank you.

http://www.bezzera.it/index.php?option= ... ng&lang=en