Pour Richard's Coffee Co - Devon, PA

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
sweaner

#1: Post by sweaner »

I had the pleasure of visiting the newly minted Pour Richard's Coffee Company today. The main reason I visited was to see and try their Bunn Trifecta commercial machine. I have the Trifecta MB at home, and wanted to see how the commercial machine worked. What I found was a great shop.

Opened only for about 1 month, owner/roaster Richard Berman has done a wonderful job with the place. The decor is beautiful, and the equipment very high-end. They have a Synesso Cyncra 2 group for espresso, with 2 Super Jolly E grinders. The Trifecta is paired with a Baratza Forte. (Very nice little grinder) The roaster is right there in the shop, reminiscent of my "home shop," Rojo's in Lambertville, NJ.

I sampled a well-made latte crafted by the enthusiatic Emma, and coffees made by Alex as well. I talked for quite a while with Richard, and we experimented with the Trifecta. My favorite coffee was a Burundi.

If anyone is in the area, I suggest a visit. The address is 36 Berkeley Rd, Devon, PA 19333

Scott
LMWDP #248

dustin360

#2: Post by dustin360 »

What is that tiny little roaster? (or does it just look tiny in the photo?)

jbviau
Supporter ★

#3: Post by jbviau »

Scott, how'd you like the commercial Trifecta relative to the MB you're used to?
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

sweaner (original poster)

#4: Post by sweaner (original poster) »

dustin360 wrote:What is that tiny little roaster? (or does it just look tiny in the photo?)
It is a U.S. Roaster, and it is not really small, though I don't know its capacity. Here is another pic:

Josh, hard to tell, but the commercial unit is more customizable, with the ability to store settings for different origins, sizes, etc.
Scott
LMWDP #248

sweaner (original poster)

#5: Post by sweaner (original poster) »

If anyone in the Philly area would like to plan a meet-up at Pour Richards, just let me know. I would love to see some of you.
Scott
LMWDP #248

Bodka Coffee

#6: Post by Bodka Coffee »

Looks like that may be a 3 kilo roaster.

pourrichard

#7: Post by pourrichard »

The coffee roaster is a US. Roaster 3 kilo electric revelation roaster. It was designed to recycle the heat coming out of the afterburner back into the roasting chamber, decreasing the electric use. I have been using it for 2.5 years and LOVE it! In addition to the controls on the roasters I also use a logging program to consistently reproduce the profiles we create. If anyone is ever near Devon, PA, feel free to stop in.
Rich