Brand new ECM Technika IV Profi mini-review - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
blownaway (original poster)

#21: Post by blownaway (original poster) »

autotrader wrote:Hey, I just bought the same machine from 1st Line, got in there just before the $400 price increase also. I absolutely love the machine, it oozes quality and when people see it in the kitchen they are blown away by it. Can't beat all the shiny stainless steel. Thankfully I didn't buy a La Spaziale as I originally intended.

I'm still experimenting with grind settings etc but the steamer is fantastic and I was amazed how easy it was to get good results with.

I may look to plumb mine in eventually and fit a hose to drain the drip tray also. Would really finish off the whole set up nicely

<image>
Nice setup, I'm glad you got it when you did. A "kitchen queen" for sure! :lol:

blownaway (original poster)

#22: Post by blownaway (original poster) »

contraflow88 wrote:Just curious what is the boiler pressure set to on your technika?
When I first used it, the pressure gauge read about 8 1/4 bars. I was told by 1st line that the new shipment was coming from the factory at that setting. Hmm not sure about that. Now a week later after many shot's I'm getting 9 bars. Why the change? Maybe it needed time to break in (?).

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#23: Post by uscfroadie replying to blownaway »

That's the BREW pressure. Boiler pressure is much lower - ~1.2 or thereabouts. He's asking what the gauge on the left reads when up to temp and cycling between the upper and lower limit.
Merle