Huky 500 Crushing Beans - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
LDT

#11: Post by LDT »

I have now noticed a different issue regarding crushed beans. While roasting a 300 gms batch of DP Ethiopian beans, I noticed some crunching sounds and several grams (I estimate 4 to 8 gms) of partially crunched and whole green beans dropping down around the burner during the early part of the roast. Pretty sure it's because of too much clearance between the drum and the inside of the front of the roaster. I haven't taken the roaster apart yet to see if I can adjust the clearance, since I just got the roaster on prior to Thanksgiving. Any one else have this issue:?:

hankua
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by hankua »

Huky500 tryer pictures from #321

cygnusx1

#13: Post by cygnusx1 »

LDT wrote:Pretty sure it's because of too much clearance between the drum and the inside of the front of the roaster. I haven't taken the roaster apart yet to see if I can adjust the clearance, since I just got the roaster on prior to Thanksgiving.
I can't recall exactly on this because I haven't had mine apart but once to season the drum but I seem to think there is 'play' in how the drum is located within the bearings. You might be able to shift the drum forward if there is play to do so.