Expobar Office Lever won't draw water -- help!

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
RNAV

#1: Post by RNAV »

I just completed a move from NC to FL. Prior to the move, my Expobar worked perfectly fine. The packers moved my machine.

Now, the machine will not draw water from the reservoir, even though the pump will cut on. When I turn the machine on, I can hear the heating element start heating, and the auto-fill sensor will tell the pump to cut on to fill the reservoir. The pump turns on, but no water moves in any of the lines (there's tiny air bubbles, so that's how I can tell nothing is moving). No movement in the line feeding the pump, and no movement in the line from the pump to the boiler.

If I activate the lever, no water comes out of the group head, and no water moves throughout the system.

Any ideas?

CSME9

#2: Post by CSME9 »

If this is the version that is direct connect & water tank check to see if the lever under the machine is in the water tank mode.

If it isn't the lever plus version you may have to prime the pump, I think WLL has a video explaining how to do this with a turkey baster.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#3: Post by cannonfodder »

Sounds like a pump priming issue. Fill a turkey baster with water, take the water feed line out of the water reservoir, put the baster in the silicone tube, hit the brew lever and squirt the water into the line. Then turn off the pump. Drop the line in the water reservoir and try it again.
Dave Stephens

RNAV (original poster)

#4: Post by RNAV (original poster) »

Well, priming the pump fixed it. Thanks for your help folks!