Upgrading Heating Element in Rocket Giotto Evo V2 - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
contraflow88 (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by contraflow88 (original poster) »

Perhaps I can try that then, raising the autofill probe to get more water in the boiler! Thanks for the advice!

kize

#12: Post by kize »

I would mark the probe- original location and then make small changes. Keep in mind- dropping water below ideal level in boiler will expose element before auto fill kicks in- causing premature element failure. Just the opposite- above ideal level results in overfill and poor/no steam output. It's quite the balancing act. Good luck.

davebm

#13: Post by davebm »

Very strange - my steaming power on my machine is amazing, never had an issue with it - it recovers very quickly (even whilst steaming).

Could it be that your machine might need to be de-scaled due to scale on the heating element perhaps not allowing it to get as hot as it should?

Supporter ♡

#14: Post by contraflow88 (original poster) »

I agree I purchased the machine recently from Seattle coffee gear and I have called them with the problem but they insist its normal. I purchased the machine November of last year. I'm a bit disappointed because several users have reported excellent results with these machines.

erics
Supporter ★

#15: Post by erics »

Hopefully you are aware that Rocket makes a "kit" (?) of several steam tip nozzles for their machines. When you initially said that you steam 3 to 4 ounces of milk, my comment would be that 3 is tough but 4 is certainly better.

Small quantities of milk call for a smaller tip.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Supporter ♡

#16: Post by contraflow88 (original poster) »

Very much so however the issue is not with the steam tip or the way the milk is being frothed but with the amount of steam and thus having to pause in between steaming.

erics
Supporter ★

#17: Post by erics »

And that is what the total hole area in the steam tip controls.
Skål,

Eric S.

Supporter ♡

#18: Post by contraflow88 (original poster) »

I will give the steam tips a try for sure! Thank you erics! do you have any recommendations for thermosyphon restrictors to bring down the temp in the brewhead, the machine runs very hot.

erics
Supporter ★

#19: Post by erics »

It is already fitted with one . . . ~3.0 mm in the upper tube where it is connected to the grouphead.
Skål,

Eric S.

jgirl125

#20: Post by jgirl125 »

Can you explain your drink process? It almost sounds like you pull several shots, and then perform consecutive steams for each drink. I make one drink at a time, grind, tamp, shot, and steam. By the time I pour the latte, flush the portafilter and get ready to grind my machine is recovered. I have a Evo G1. Maybe I'm just slow, but I've never had a issue with not having steam when I wanted it.