E61 Shower Screen for Faema Zodiaco Group - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
kitt

#11: Post by kitt »

As most have said - the stock screen is good enough not to need the mod, unless you have a damaged group lip;

In the above case, the group sleeve was removable, so had it modified and a new screen lip machined, but with the zodiaco group, it isn't removable. This shows the danger of removing the screen with screw-driver, or using too much force around that area to remove the screen

Paul_Pratt

#12: Post by Paul_Pratt »

There are 2 screens available, the ones linked with the 3 holes are the Spanish ones, which I think are close to the originals. I use different ones which have the "claws" all the way around and come from Italy. If you need pics I can post next week.

Advertisement
zeb

#13: Post by zeb »

Hi Vlad hi all and happy new year !
On my lambro I use a stock Faema/Futurmat e61 shower screen since its restoration and it fits perfectly ;)

vberch (original poster)

#14: Post by vberch (original poster) »

Hi Pascal! Happy New Year to you as well!

It is my understanding (Thanks Mike!) that there are these two types of screens on the market:

Type 1 with horizontal slots:

Type 2 with vertical slots:

Paul,
Paul_Pratt wrote:There are 2 screens available, the ones linked with the 3 holes are the Spanish ones, which I think are close to the originals. I use different ones which have the "claws" all the way around and come from Italy. If you need pics I can post next week.
The ones you use that have "claws", is it the Type 2 screen?

Pascal,
zeb wrote:Hi Vlad hi all and happy new year !
On my lambro I use a stock Faema/Futurmat e61 shower screen since its restoration and it fits perfectly ;)
The stock Faema E61 screens you use, is it type 1? If not, could you post a picture, please?

MaKoMo

#15: Post by MaKoMo »

How can the E61 screen fit. It is much higher than the Zodiaco one, isn't it?

kitt

#16: Post by kitt »

I think there may be some confusion with screen naming here. If anyone says the E61 screen i'm assuming the mean the standard e61 grouphead screen found on pump machines, not the lever machines clip-on screen.
Another thing to remember is there are alot of variations of the e61 screens available nowadays. I just tried another one on my Mercurio lever group, and it came very close to fitting. I believe the group lip on my Mercurio is a slightly larger diameter than the zodiaco group, so i can see this type of screen would probably fit the zodiaco group. This is the screen seen here on right. It doesn't have the lip near the bottom, making it fit the group sleeve better