Quick Mill Anita

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
fitzy

#1: Post by fitzy »

Hi.Hopefully someone will be able to pinpoint my problem .
I have a Quick Mill Anita (actually badged Delphi as I am in New Zealand) about 3 years old .When I switch it on say in the morning after a few seconds there is a loud bang and the house electrics cuts out. I have taken the covers off to expose the electrics and then switched it on again whilst videoing it. Again a bang .Nothing obvious that I can see like crossed wires or water leaking .
I tried again and this time it started ok with no bang then I noticed smoke wisping out of the bottom of which I have again videoed.Then the machine works fine......until the next time i switch it on.
I have attached a video of this problem although it is in the wrong order.
The wisp of smoke seems to come from under the boiler where the element screws in.
I would really love to fix this myself as I know my machine will be away from me too long but it could be beyond my capabilities so if I can pinpoint the fault at least that would be helpful.
Thanks in advance to any help on this matter.

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

Unplug the espresso machine and contact a repair service. The first bang should have been warning enough that something wasn't right. I'm surprised to read that you tried again and again.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Advertisement
deity6667

#3: Post by deity6667 replying to TomC »

+10000 where are you in NZ? Is that scale deposits around the element in the video?

fitzy (original poster)

#4: Post by fitzy (original poster) »

Hi, I am in Nelson and as you probably know there are not many suppliers here in NZ. There is a nasty hole that has appeared through the side of the terminal post which is attached to the element. If I can get the element out that would save me a bit .Any ideas on where to get these from and tips on removing it ?These things always seem to happen during the holiday period and nobody is back until the 6th Jan!!!! The photo does show water scale deposits more clearly.

fitzy (original poster)

#5: Post by fitzy (original poster) »

Thanks Tom I know your right but i just cant help myself .I need to know ...I have unplugged it now.

kitt

#6: Post by kitt »

Hi Fitzy

I'm in Nelson, and have restored a few machines. I'm happy to have a look if you get in touch. I'll send you a PM

TomC
Team HB

#7: Post by TomC »

Fitzy, you just won the espresso machine repair advice lottery.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Advertisement
fitzy (original poster)

#8: Post by fitzy (original poster) replying to TomC »

Certainly looks that way .I can smell the coffee already.........

Mike has kindly been around already to help me test and remove the element and sure enough there are a few splits in the element .I have added some photos just to show that water and electricity do not mix !!!!
Time to change it for a new one.
So hopefully it will not take too long to getting it back together.

I just want to thank everyone thats involved with this great website .Especially Mike for helping me out.