Replacement part for Mypressi TWIST

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
lpecan

#1: Post by lpecan »

Does anyone know the specs on the o-ring/gasket which the tip of the n2o cartridge passes through? It is the one that [at least for me] can pop out if the screw in cap is removed prior to fully expending the cartridge. Anyway, this time it broke when it popped out. MyPressi has never sold it on their website (I have always thought about buying a spare). Here is a picture. I cant measure it, because I am pretty sure it has stretched out significantly as it wore out.

lpecan (original poster)

#2: Post by lpecan (original poster) »

Since I am in Puerto Rico for the week (and couldn't bear to be coffee-free) I krazy glued the o-ring back together,and the mypressi works again (for now). Still, If anyone knows the specs on the gasket, I wouldn't mind ordering a few.

Advertisement
Boldjava

#3: Post by Boldjava »

lpecan wrote:Does anyone know the specs on the o-ring/gasket which the tip of the n2o cartridge passes through? ...
I guess I would just find the largest hardware store/Grainger store close to me -- take the o-ring in and buy 2 of 3 different sizes that approximate my eye-ball measurement at the store.
-----
LMWDP #339

lpecan (original poster)

#4: Post by lpecan (original poster) replying to Boldjava »

That was my plan yesterday. I went to home depot, but they were already closed. Since it is working (but held together by glue) I probably won't screw with it until I get home. I'll buy a range of o-rings and post the specs of whatever works.

lpecan (original poster)

#5: Post by lpecan (original poster) »

MyPressi responded with the answer. They are 8.5 MM X 2.5 MM BN70 Nitrile 70A. See the guide here: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0169/4 ... _Guide.pdf

santiagoluz

#6: Post by santiagoluz »

Thanks for sharing!!! I'm having an issue with my unit that seems to be with the same sealing. Unfortunately, I have no answer from Mypressi Support since Jan 4th...