La Pavoni Pub V restoration - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
theshawfamily5 (original poster)

#21: Post by theshawfamily5 (original poster) »

Mr-advice-inc: Awesome! Another Part solved. It in fact fits exactly as shown on the water fill valve external stem. I ran to the basement and checked and it fits perfectly on the stem and goes inside the knob. Why would a water fill valve need such a complex part simply to hold the push knob on? Unbelievable. Couldn't they just put a screw into the end of the stem or just have the knob push on with outlet. maybe the screw makes it adjustable.

I found this image on a web page and its shows the two pieces. This is the same model Water fill valve i have.

So down to the button. Chad you say in the water valve. I rebuilt the water valve per this image.

I haven't hooked up the pump yet. I assume it just pipes directly to the water valve without any check valve etc. The procon pump has the pressure relieving screw.

The spring must be a left over when i rebuilt the steam/HW valves... the kit came with both springs and the check ball.

The Steam and HW valves are rebuilt exactly the same.. no difference.

#22: Post by theshawfamily5 (original poster) »

Down to 1 Part!!!!!
It has interesting rings on the smooth face.

Last Part unidentified
Anyone know where this goes.

late 80 Vintage Pub V LaPavoni

#23: Post by theshawfamily5 (original poster) »

Thanks for all the help getting my 90's La Pavoni Pub V back in working order. Here are some completed photos.

Alishon

#24: Post by Alishon »

Alishon wrote:I recently completed restoration of a La Pavoni Pub V...
...and it has worked great until today. When I powered up this morning the boiler heated perfectly, however the auto fill and the buttons to pull the shots were unresponsive. I've checked all of the wires to make sure they were properly attached and also checked the two fuses on the mother board. Any suggestions on what to try next? The nearest tech I've found willing to look at it is 2 hours away, so I'd love to find an alternative.

Alishon

#25: Post by Alishon »

We figured it out! $2.50 part and we're back to pulling perfect shots. Thanks for reading us. :D