How much coffee do you put in your La Pavoni Europiccola baskets? - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
RAS

#11: Post by RAS »

dcupstateNY wrote:Ive been pulling 16g shots using one partial pull, and then back up for a full pull ... shots have been amazing. Of course, YMMV, as always!
Very similar results here. I bought some MCAL baskets from OE years ago, and after a gentle filing around the edge of the lips to reduce the outer diameter a hair, they fit perfectly in both my LP PF, as well as my Cremina PF. And 16.5 grams is my standard, though I could easily get an extra 0.5gm or more in there.

Over the weekend, I was enjoying the last of some Ethiopian Koratie DP I bought from Sweet Maria's back in 2008. Despite what others here would advise ("don't keep greens more than a year"), it made incredible shots on the La Pavoni (complex and fruity), and amazing cappuccinos on my PV Lusso.

For comparison, my original LP "double" baskets could maybe fit 14 grams. I just prefer the 16.5 gm shots though.
Bob

caeffe

#12: Post by caeffe »

10-11g for my pre-millenium. Maaaaybeee I can get 12g in there.
See what I went through here: Bought eBay La Pavoni Europiccola, need setup advice
LMWDP #162

SlowRain

#13: Post by SlowRain »

Usually 14.5 to 15g in the double basket.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by yakster »

In my Gaggia Factory G106 (La Pavoni Millennium group) and Faema Faemina, I'll use 16 grams in the 51 mm double baskets that I share between these machines.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

drgary
Team HB

#15: Post by drgary »

I'm typically using between 16.5 and 17.5 gm. The Millennium Pavoni double basket may hold a little more than the Elektra double I use in my Cremina, having sold the pre-M Pavoni. I'm grinding coarse enough to get a pull with some resistance. With these dosages using at least Super Jolly grinders (sometimes Pharos) with fresh burrs I get consistent and rich pulls. Even at that dosing for some lighter roast coffees I stop the shot early for honey rich mouthfeel and pitted fruit sweetness.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!