Nuova Simonelli Oscar - Heat Issues - Not Hot Enough - Temperature Low - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Dave_ZA

#11: Post by Dave_ZA »

Hi all,

Bumping this thread as I am having a similar issue (thanks HB for merging the thread).

I have the following problem, my oscar was recently modified. I had a Sirai installed, the boiler pressure valve replaced and gicleurs installed. I was having some temperature issues before, but seeing as you cant modify the campini pressurestat, I had the Sirai installed.

To take a step back, I have done the styrofoam cup test, as well as placing the probe into the water outlet (under the water screen) to try get some consistency in my testing. Using 2 different thermometers (one was a fluke thermocouple). I was consistently reading around 84C. This was after a minuscule flush (1 sec or less). I have tested the boiler pressure using the diy tyre pressure gauge on the steam wand. The gauge was showing roughly 1.5 bar. Previously it was as high as 1.6 before I dialed down the sirai a half turn.

I have since done a descale, which showed some, but overall rather a small amount of scale in the fluid.

I assume the gicleurs will have an effect. I asked for them to install the 3.2 and 3mm jets, but they may just have installed the 3mm ones. I will confirm this on Saturday.

Can .2mm have enough difference to up the water temp a few deg? Otherwise what can be done, the pressure is obviously close to max.

sikijou

#12: Post by sikijou »

it could be, but dont quote me on this because im not sure either, but quoted from HB member Carneiro "simonelli using the configuration to balance to the idle thermosyphon flow and a little bit of higher flow to the hot inlet".

Oh and an advice on using diy tire pressure gauge, i have had a bad reading from that diy and i think you could do yourself a favour and buy a real 2 bar pressure gauge usually come with 1/4 thread and find a converter to 1/8 (steam wand thread).