Quick Mill Alexia Brew Pressure Rising Problem

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
meyerssawa

#1: Post by meyerssawa »

Good Day all,

I have a new version of the Alexia. The brew pressure out of the box is set at 10. I manually drop the pressure down to 9 and or 9.5. Within a few days the pressure creeps back up to 10 plus.

Basically just wondering if this is a common problem or issues with the pressure gauge.

Thanks,

John

Philg
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Philg »

If I remember, turning the OPV doesn't necessarily turn the full length of the attached hose which may slowly twist back and undo what you've done - if that seems a possibility to you, try turning the full length of the hose along with the OPV when you adjust.

I think this may be addressed in the Alexia buyers guide (lots of good information in there).

Good luck.

meyerssawa (original poster)

#3: Post by meyerssawa (original poster) »

thanks for the tip. I have read the users manual. They dont say anything about the OPV but just about the ease of turning up or down the pressure from the valve on top. I will try manually twisting the valve and see if that sticks.

Thanks,

John

erics
Supporter ★

#4: Post by erics »

I will try manually twisting the valve and see if that sticks.
It should . . . but just make a mark with a felt tip pen. A pic would help in the event the newer model Alexia is different from the old from an OPV standpoint.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

meyerssawa (original poster)

#5: Post by meyerssawa (original poster) »

I have the newer model where you just have to take off the cup warmer to turn down the pressure. I took off the shell and dont see any other way to do what was previously described on the initial post. I spoke to a tech guy where I bought the machine from and he said it could be the gauge or it could need to be descaled. I have been using a BWT water filter and change it regularly so dont think it would need to be descaled in only 10 months of moderate use.

Any other suggestions besides bringing it back to the store?

John