Baratza Forte BG vs Bunn G1 HD vs G2 Trifecta - Page 6

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
MSH

#51: Post by MSH »

I've been watching/lurking/reading John's Bunnzilla threads for quite some time now. This thread has peaked my interest yet again. I have an old Mazzer Major project that has been sitting in the garage for quite some time now, but it still needs some work and honestly I barely have time to even sleep these days so it's never going to completed. Since espresso has been on the back-burner for me for quite some time now I'm just thinking of selling it and investing in a G1 with the Ditting conversion.

The one question I'm not completely clear on (hopefully someone can clear up)....with regards to the machined Ditting burrs are the ones that Coffeetec and Visions Espresso are selling the machined versions or the older pressed style? Are the newer machined versions only available through Ditting? I know in another thread that someone tried to order the machined burrs directly from Ditting and Ditting pushed back a bit on allowing that individual to order them. I can certainly call Coffeetec and/or Visions and ask but was just curious if anyone knew offhand.

boar_d_laze (original poster)

#52: Post by boar_d_laze (original poster) »

Don't know.

Ordered mine from the President of Ditting USA herself over the phone. The transaction was pleasant, amusing and problem free. She enjoyed being called "Madam President." Once. Know when to quit.

We gave the gift of coffee for our neighborhood gift; it turns out none of our coffee guzzling neighbors grinds their own. After 50lbs of break-in Bunnjira Kaiju is even better than hoped. Awesome frikkin' grinder.

BDL
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

MSH

#53: Post by MSH replying to boar_d_laze »

OK thanks BDL! Nice work on the grinder. You have quite an arsenal now with that kick arrss roaster and now the grinder!

boar_d_laze (original poster)

#54: Post by boar_d_laze (original poster) replying to MSH »

Credit the wife/enabler, the talented and lovely, the wise and powerful Linda. :D

BDL
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator