Is Kalita Wave Kettle Seamless on Inside Bottom?

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
rmp71701

#1: Post by rmp71701 »

I know it may be an odd question but I'm wanting a seamless construction & I like the looks/reviews of the Kalita.

For those who own one, is the inside of the Kalita kettle seamless where the bottom touches the sides? (This would be in contrast to, say, the Hario Buono, which has a bottom plate that is a separate piece from the sides, creating a seam on the inside where the bottom touches the sides.)

Also, is the outside bottom of the Kalita kettle flat, or recessed?

I can't find any pics or online info on any of this, thus my post.

Many thanks for the input.

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava »

This is the Kalita Pelican (center). It is seamless.

It is awkward in my hand - - balance isn't the best. Superb pouring tip control (identical to the Wave's tip). Top has no dimpled ridge and the top has to be held on to when you near the end of the water. Slightly less volume than the Paico (on left) and the Tiamo on the right. The Paico is my go-to kettle, $40 on eBay, shipped from Hong Kong.
  • Excellent balance in the hand/pour
    excellent volume capacity
    excellent pouring control
Note: The ridge (seamed) on the Paico is about 1.50" from the bottom. Bottom is one piece construction.

If no one on the boards has your answers, zip Nick Cho (they sell Kaltita brand products) an email (http://www.wreckingballcoffee.com/shtml/contact.shtml) or ask him on Twitter.

-----
LMWDP #339

Sam21

#3: Post by Sam21 »

I'll take pics of mine shortly

rmp71701 (original poster)

#4: Post by rmp71701 (original poster) »

Thanks for the help/advice so far. Looking fwd to the pics too.

Sam21

#5: Post by Sam21 »

Sorry! Spaced on the pics! I'll get to it at some point. Either way, it's all seamless as far as the bottom goes. One piece of metal on the bottom.