Wanted: parts for Faema hand lever restoration

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Zodiaco

#1: Post by Zodiaco »

All,

I know that I am asking for the impossible, but maybe somebody out there knows somebody who knows somebody who can source these unobtanium parts:

i) the ornamental trim back plate on the rear of an early Urania or any way of reproducing this plate (3D scanning and printing in resin?). Pic see below. Alternatively, I am looking for someone in the USA who owns such an early Urania and would be willing to borrow me the back plate for one week so I can have it 3D scanned and try to remanufacture it.

ii) the complete water wand and pipe matching a 1950 Mercurio or any improvisations that might work

Thank you so much for your input.

Cheers, Darius.

kitt

#2: Post by kitt »

Can't help with the first one sorry, for the water wand, do you mean the wand shown here, on the left? I used a wand from another manufacturer, bent it to shape with no damage to the chrome, (it already had the right hand bend) and used a modern water nozzle. Still have the original nozzle i think but it needs chroming

Zodiaco (original poster)

#3: Post by Zodiaco (original poster) »

Kitt: Thank you so much, that is exactly the information I need. Which wand exactly did you use? Thank you so much!

kitt

#4: Post by kitt »

Hi Darius, the wand was from a Vibiemme, the right angled wand shown here 460041;

I didn't use the spring and had to dremel the end a little to get a perfect fit into the water valve. I then used a generic water breaker tip , Nuova Ricambi part no. 528877.

The steam wand shown on my machine above is from a Fiorenzato, they do them in both a left and right version, so that is another possibility for both wands. They don't seem to be stocked at alot of places, i got mine from Cafeparts, let me know if you'd like the parts numbers for those