Expobar Brewtus II with unstable brew pressure... new pump & opv, now what

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jcran17

#1: Post by jcran17 »

Have a Brewtus II vibe that was doing the ever popular unstable pressure. Pulled the opv apart and found a bent spring. Replaced the valve and still seemed to creep up in pressure slowly. Saw on a number of posts to try a pump replacement, so did tonight. Same issue. Namely, pressure (on machine gauge that I replaced with more accurate one) jumps up to 7ish and slowly creeps up to 10.

Ran the pump without the portafilter for 30 sec and got about 190ml. Interestingly, I get 40ml from the return line which is a combination of the opv and deaerator. The only thing I haven't changed is the deaerator, but before I throw another part at this thing and get rolled again for shipping, wanted to see if anyone has another idea. Thanks

jcran17 (original poster)

#2: Post by jcran17 (original poster) »

Anyone with a Brewtus vibe pump willing to run a quick test without a portafilter to see what sort of volume returns to the tank from the OPV/deaerator line after running for 30 seconds?

The Brewtus Google group isn't as active as it used to be, but perhaps it makes more sense to try over there....hate to double post though.