Ponte Vecchio Export vs Lusso Americanos - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
yakster
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by yakster »

Take a look at Enrico Maltoni's classic espresso machine collection and you'll know what I want. The Faema Faemina will have to do for now...
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

pacificmanitou

#12: Post by pacificmanitou »

beer&mathematics wrote:Brainless beauties! Ha! I like that 8)

I'm never getting rid of the Export, since I just love looking at it. It's so unique and beautiful to look at (IMO) :P
But, I also really want a Lusso. Actually, I want a Sama Club but not sure I would be able to handle any repairs if it gets damaged in shipping. One on Fleabay italy right now that I wish I could afford. Am I turning into a hoarder?
I would have preferred a club to a lusso because of the larger group, but I have no real complaints. If I get another machine it's going to be a big lever though.
LMWDP #366

peacecup

#13: Post by peacecup »

The Sama club used the 49-mm group like the Elektra. There are a few other old makes out there too, like the Bezzera Family, that used the 49. The 45-mm group on the Lusso works wonders on the espresso though, so aside from being a little bother with changing seals, I don't mind the size.
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

espressotime

#14: Post by espressotime »

I say Export.The best looking machine there is in my opinion.
Makes great coffee.
Someday I'll have one again.

pacificmanitou

#15: Post by pacificmanitou »

peacecup wrote:The Sama club used the 49-mm group like the Elektra. There are a few other old makes out there too, like the Bezzera Family, that used the 49. The 45-mm group on the Lusso works wonders on the espresso though, so aside from being a little bother with changing seals, I don't mind the size.
Olympia made a near exact copy of the club too.
LMWDP #366

peacecup

#16: Post by peacecup »

Just pull the lever and enjoy espresso.No flushes needed.

This is also true for the Lusso. Imagine an Export group that never overheats and is always ready for the next great shot.

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

beer&mathematics

#17: Post by beer&mathematics »

peacecup wrote:This is also true for the Lusso. Imagine an Export group that never overheats and is always ready for the next great shot.

PC
What I like about the Club is the fact that the group is easily accessible. I have owned my Export since May and definitely need to take it apart to maintenance it and I'm terrified to do it.
LMWDP #431

JZY

#18: Post by JZY »

Anyone have any experience on the difference between the Club vs Lusso in terms of espresso output. The Export 45mm system makes an awesome espresso. I'm just wondering if the 49mm Mcal clone does as well...