Looking for a propane kit for Astoria/Rio/Wega/CMA - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
cafebmw
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by cafebmw »

Cli. Cod.: VAT: 5 Date: 13/11/2013 Order N. -

Reference Description Quantity Unit Price Subtotal €
W...5A
that's what the website shows me right now (in the shopping cart after selecting):

2 GROUP KIT GAS

Subtotal: 96.55 € Tax( 0% ): 0 €

Total: 96.55 €

bm_cricket (original poster)

#12: Post by bm_cricket (original poster) »

It offers me....Nothing. And contacting their support staff by email, they say that they don't have any gas kits for sale. Do you feel like trying to buy a kit for me? I'll gladly pay you. We both live in the bay area. I'll send you an PM.
Life is short, enjoy every sip.

Advertisement
DanoM

#13: Post by DanoM »

I tried to look up the price by signing up and didn't get any price either. I suspect it might be because it's not linked to a client account, just guessing.
LMWDP #445

AngerManagement

#14: Post by AngerManagement »

This lot may have the bits you after, but they do appear to be in the UK but have distributors in many other places..

http://www.fracino.com/uploads/Fracino% ... 0Parts.pdf
Ability is nothing without opportunity. - Napoleon Bonaparte

cafebmw
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by cafebmw »

did you get an access code?

bm_cricket (original poster)

#16: Post by bm_cricket (original poster) »

cafebmw wrote:did you get an access code?
I did get an access code. My guess is that you are grandfathered in as a user who doesn't need to go through GEEC as a distributor. New users get flagged as being located in the US and must go through GEEC to buy parts. :-(. GEEC charges an arm and a leg. I bet that is the reason other companies like Orphan Espresso are getting tired of doing parts for these machines. :evil:
AngerManagement wrote:This lot may have the bits you after, but they do appear to be in the UK but have distributors in many other places..

http://www.fracino.com/uploads/Fracino% ... 0Parts.pdf
Oh! I'll check them out. I am perfectly happy doing a little hacking to make something fit but one of the reasons I jumped on my used Astoria in the first place was the availability (or purported availability) of off-the-shelf parts to do what I needed. I'll look into Fracino's parts and see what they have to offer but genuine CMA/Astoria parts would be plug-and-play for my machine.... I hope I make that work.
Life is short, enjoy every sip.