Local Home Barista Clubs

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Mochamaker

#1: Post by Mochamaker »

So I have been into coffee for some time now, and I live in Spokane, WA, which is a great place to be for some great coffee. We have some wonderful local coffee shops and even some great local roasters. I spend a lot of time online learning about everything coffee, but would love to have some actual interaction with other "home baristas". Has anyone one HB ever tried to start a home barista/brewer/coffee as a hobby "club"? If so, how did it go? was it worth it? I have a room at work I can set up to host with water and power... I may make up a Twitter and FB account, and some flyers, and post them around the coffee shops and roasters and see what kind of response I get.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

I know that there used to be meet-ups at Barefoot Coffee in Silicon Valley on a semi-regular basis years ago. This was before my time, but I do keep my eyes open for local (and not-so-local) meet-ups.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Advertisement
DanGE

#3: Post by DanGE »

It might be nice to have local maker space as you suggest to learn techniques and to meet others who know how to work equipment. It sounds like your office space in Spokane will constitute a maker space and should be an interesting event. HB local gatherings also constitute maker space to learn and meet also.