30 Pharos shots in one afternoon! HG-1 also

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Derekb

#1: Post by Derekb »

I should have kept track but I ground about 30 shots this afternoon for a coffee party. 20 gram shots, Pharos clamped to the counter. A new record for me.
Also had an HG-1 visiting with its owner. I couldn't quite get it dialed or distributed very well and had lots of spritzing with my naked portafilter. My friend Scott who brought it did better than me but my first impression was that it didn't taste as good as the Pharos. It is very beautiful though.

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by uscfroadie »

Get out of town. A properly dialed in titan grinder produced better results than one that wasn't. That's a complete shocker. :shock:

I've owned both, had both properly dialed in, and like others here who also have/had both, can't tell a difference in taste. Ergonomics on the other hand...totally different story.
Merle

ecuew

#3: Post by ecuew »

Derekb wrote:I should have kept track but I ground about 30 shots this afternoon for a coffee party.
That's quite the feat! You'll be doing one-armed push-ups with your grinding arm in no time.

spressomon

#4: Post by spressomon »

Just came off 9-days of back-country Death Valley explore with a group of 9. Most mornings my Pharos (voodoo'd) cranked out a dozen or more 23g shots via my mypressi.

What really helped make the grinding for this group a non event: Having someone hold the Pharos down to the table while another cranked. First time we did it this way...and wow what a difference in ease of grinding (shouldn't be a surprise really).
No Espresso = Depresso