Milk crust - regular vs. no burn steam wand - Page 2

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
sonnyhad

#11: Post by sonnyhad »

How about just dipping the steam wand in a pitcher of hot water and wipe immediately, if it doesn't get it all, repeat until it does. I've done this for years, after my kids make a latte and are long gone when I see what they've done!!!! Damned kids anyways!
LMWDP 437

David R.

#12: Post by David R. »

Compass Coffee wrote:Personally I would never use anything like ammonia to clean anywhere near anything consumed. Sure it is a powerful cleaner, and poisonous...
Liquid ammonia cleanser is actually a solution of ammonium hydroxide, which is a common animal feed additive and is listed by the FDA as GRAS (generally recognized as safe). That doesn't mean you should drink it, of course, and it is rather caustic. However, its miscibility means it rinses easily and cleanly, so is pretty safe as long as you don't let it sit on your skin or get in your eyes, you wipe it up/rinse it off when done, and you keep it far away from bleach products.

There is really nothing better for cleaning milk in any form, including milk stains in clothing.
David R.

pShoe

#13: Post by pShoe »

I have had no problems with milk crusting on the tip on a no burn wand, but like Adam, I don't give it much of a chance too.

LaDan

#14: Post by LaDan »

Hello..... 8)

Every time to go to the hygienist, she gives me one of those, among other freebees. Next time you're there, ask for one of those inter-dental brushes.

It's better than using a paper clip etc. It actually scraps and brushes the sides of the holes.

Don't tell her I'm using it on my espresso machine....

doubleOsoul

#15: Post by doubleOsoul »

You can also get them at the dollar store - 4 for a buck.

LaDan

#16: Post by LaDan replying to doubleOsoul »

But then wouldn't that will make it a quarter store?

yakster
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by yakster »

My daughter had the idea years ago of opening a nickle or penny store. She figured it would be a real big hit.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272