Izzo Alex Duetto II pump noise - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
LaDan

#11: Post by LaDan »

Full lever, not half. With the switch off.

coffeesnob1

#12: Post by coffeesnob1 »

I've noticed very similar variations in pump noise on all machines at various times, and I concur with the other repliers that this is probably most likely due to trapped air pockets forming in the brew path and in the pump - sometimes a few shots or backflushes will solve it.

RiverDog

#13: Post by RiverDog »

I also have a Duetto, the first version, and it sometimes makes a sound identical to yours. It usually almost always happens either after I've moved it or if it had been sitting for some time; yes, I sometimes go for a while without espresso! I open the brew valve for a little while, letting the pump run, and after several seconds it goes away. I'd always attributed it to air in the system, but who knows? I've had it for several years now (got it just before v2 came out) and have never had a real problem, just that noise. Well, I had a bit of a leak but that seems to have taken care of itself; strange, huh? I will say that I'd be more concerned if the noise lasted for as long as you are describing it. Good luck with it.

genovese

#14: Post by genovese »

RiverDog wrote:I'd always attributed it to air in the system.....
Mine's plumbed at home, but once a month I travel with it to an event. After setting it up and switching to the tank water source, about one time in four I hear the sound of cavitation, usually with greatly reduced output pressure (nowhere near 9 bar). The first time, I thought I had broken something during the move, until I realized that tapping on the pump with a screwdriver handle and/or running the bypass adjustment screw out and in would dislodge the bubbles, after which normal operation returned.