La Cimbali M28 doesn't autofill

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Lasfincas

#1: Post by Lasfincas »

Hello there. I am a coffee roaster in Montreal Canada. More and more I get asked by customers to take a look at their used espresso equipment and my knowledge in machines is increasing little by little. However I have limited opportunities to get more experience. I have an issue with a Lacimbali M28 machine it does not want to autofill. I have checked the floater and switch and it works. The pump does not seem to want to pull water in and the level sight pressure safety steams like crazy and the water level is very high. Could someone give me pointers if all of this might be a solenoid valve, voltage issues and more of less a small guide to what I should be looking for. This machine belonged to a customer of mine and it was sold to another customer. It was in working condition when it was disconnected. It stay out of use for about six months and when we plugged it in again it had all this issues. There was a spark when we plugged it the first time and I don't know if there was damage in the process. The motherboard seems to be fine, but I don't know if the electrician switch wires and that has something to do. I would appreciate very much your feedback.

Thanks.