Custom Paint for Your Grinder or Espresso Gear? - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ECM (original poster)

#21: Post by ECM (original poster) »

John has a really good point there.

The good thing about EPNW is that they know grinders; how to dissemble them, how to replace the stickers etc. I confess... I would be a bit worried in letting a mortorcycle shop do the work in that things might not get put back together quite probperly or something could get inadvertently damaged.

I know these guys are use to taking mechanical thigns apart all day long. A grinder however, is a percession balanced piece of technology in which they really know nothing about.

Rob

shawndo

#22: Post by shawndo »

I think I would go for a flame job, sort of how Alton Brown did his stand mixer.
Here is another stand mixer along the same lines:

grabbed from here:
http://gentlemint.com/tack/132753/
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

Advertisement
turtle

#23: Post by turtle »

I was just giving painting my SJ some consideration myself today. I am going to have it all apart doing some modifications to it so while it is just a case would be the time to do any painting.

I did a nice blue flip flop over red lacquer paint job on one of my cars in the "way back years" and I was thinking that the Mazzer would look sharp changing and shifting colors as the light in the kitchen changed...

Blue flip flop is a translucent pearl with very fine blue metal flakes in it. Over a red base coat it will shift from blue to purple to pink to red as the light changes on it (i.e. a car will change colors as it drives past)
Mick - Drinking in life one cup at a time
I'd rather be roasting coffee

cannonfodder
Team HB

#24: Post by cannonfodder »

My GoldWing is painted Illusion blue. DuPont makes a paint called chrome-illusion. It shifts color depending on the angle between a fine metal flake blue to purple. It is a wicked paint, but it is also around $1500 a gallon. Here is a guitar that shows how it shifts.

Dave Stephens