Roaster concept, 3D model - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by FotonDrv »

If the cold air draw was from the bottom, through the electronic area, then heat should not be a problem, especially with heat shielding from direct radiant heat. Think double wall, one side toward the roaster and the other toward the electronics. Then duct the cold air in to flow over the electronics, like a pre-heat for the electric elements in the roaster :)

Nice project and the all electric design lends itself well to being placed anywhere, except in the middle of a field...
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

TomC
Team HB

#12: Post by TomC »

That's exactly what I was thinking, it would need to be shielded mainly from radiant heat. Perhaps the amount of material used to build that shielding is less than what would be used to build a box and outboard it a bit, but I imagine it would be a bit trickier to service the electronics, if they're cramped up under there. But it certainly looks better the way he's rendered it.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

drgary
Team HB

#13: Post by drgary »

Sverre:

Tom's comment about servicing the electronics brings to mind one of my key complaints about the Hottop B design. The Hottop B roasts very nicely. But ... I just hated what I needed to do to get inside the thing and service it. Anything that can be done to ease assembly/disassembly, cleaning and parts replacement would be fantastic. Examples of doing this well with espresso machines are the Arrarex VAM or Caravel, where disassembly for servicing requires no tools, and the Elektra Microcasa a Leva, where two screws on top of the group give access to the piston assembly and shower screen.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

sversimo (original poster)

#14: Post by sversimo (original poster) »

Accessing the electronics is actually quite easy, its design so that the electronics can be assembled and wired separately and then mounted with four screws and some quick connectors.