Quickmill Vetrano 2B questions about plumbing options, noise, programming, etc.

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
dialydose

#1: Post by dialydose »

I was curious if there were some owners here who could give a little insight into a couple minor issues.

Has anyone been using the plumb-out drain and if so does it work well? I have seen comments about some quirks in the PID programming (mostly on another site), anyone run into similar issues? Also, on a scale of outboarded rotary to Anita vibratory, how quiet is the machine? Thanks for any insight and again I apologise if I missed a relevant thread.

pShoe

#2: Post by pShoe »

I don't believe there is a stand alone thread on the Vetrano 2B on HB, but there is a 128+ page post on CG. You must have run across that thread though since you mentioned reading about the "quirks" of the PID.

It is not a quirk of the PID, but differences of how 2 retailers (one US the other UK) have programmed the PID. There are instruction on how to adjust the PID to use whatever settings you would like.

I made a short sound comparison with a Silvia.

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

pShoe wrote:I don't believe there is a stand alone thread on the Vetrano 2B on HB, but there is a 128+ page post on CG.
For those who are curious, here's the link: https://www.coffeegeek.com/forums/espre ... nes/622307.

With apologies for the administrative interruption, but I discourage "owner threads" for the reasons provided in Guidelines on mega threads. In a nutshell, I believe it's better to have separate threads on narrower topics than a unwieldy mega thread whose only unifying characteristic is the particular espresso machine. During my many years of moderating, I've noted independent threads typically have more in-depth discussions whereas mega-threads typically have lots of repetition.
Dan Kehn

dialydose (original poster)

#4: Post by dialydose (original poster) »

Thanks Dan. This was actually my intent (to just discuss my limited questions), not to start a mega thread. In hindsight, my wording was poor. Thanks for updating the title/content.

pShoe

#5: Post by pShoe »

Another note on the drain. I took off the drain catch on the bottom of the machine. It is only attached by 2 screws, but it make for sliding the drip tray in and out much easier.

dialydose (original poster)

#6: Post by dialydose (original poster) »

pShoe wrote:I don't believe there is a stand alone thread on the Vetrano 2B on HB, but there is a 128+ page post on CG. You must have run across that thread though since you mentioned reading about the "quirks" of the PID.

It is not a quirk of the PID, but differences of how 2 retailers (one US the other UK) have programmed the PID. There are instruction on how to adjust the PID to use whatever settings you would like.

I made a short sound comparison with a Silvia.
Thanks Paul. Well done video. I did see the thread at CG but at 128 pages, it is a little noisy (which is a great example of Dan's point to me!).

pShoe

#7: Post by pShoe »

That thread was a long read. Instead, I highly recommend reading Quick Mill Verona - A closer Look. The Verona is the UK version.