Compak K3 suitable for La Spaziale Vivaldi?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
spunout

#1: Post by spunout »

Long time lurker, first time poster. All you folks have been very helpful so far in helping me dial in my set up, first with a Rocky and Silvia combo, and now with a Compak K3 touch which has been a huge improvement. Now I have a much fluffier grind, consistent dosing, more adjustable, all that good stuff.

My next move is to a bigger and better machine. After a ton of reading (thanks HB!) I've pretty much settled on the La Spaziale Vivaldi Mini.

I'm wondering how well matched my new grinder will be to the better machine? I know that moving up from a Rocky made such a big difference with the Silvia, but will I need to make a similar step up on the grinder to get the most out of the Vivaldi? I've searched the site for reviews of the K3 and found little, so if anyone has any fist hand experience with this combo that would be fantastic.

Thanks a bunch!

onthego

#2: Post by onthego »

spunout wrote:

I'm wondering how well matched my new grinder will be to the better machine? I know that moving up from a Rocky made such a big difference with the Silvia, but will I need to make a similar step up on the grinder to get the most out of the Vivaldi? I've searched the site for reviews of the K3 and found little, so if anyone has any fist hand experience with this combo that would be fantastic.

Thanks a bunch!
The K3 is comparable to the Mazzer Mini and Macap M4. All three use 58 mm flat burrs. It should be a good match for the Vivaldi.

Compass Coffee

#3: Post by Compass Coffee replying to onthego »

An adequate match yes. OTOH 83mm flat burr grinders would be noticably better (any espresso machine) and large conical burrs more consistent than large flat burrs. Bottom line the better the grinder the better the shot potential regardless the espresso machine.
Mike McGinness

spunout (original poster)

#4: Post by spunout (original poster) »

Thank you for the replies. I just pulled the trigger on the Vivaldi Mini II, so I will be testing out this combination soon. I am super excited for the new machine, I'm hoping it arrives before the weekend so I can not sleep for a few days!