Suggestions for tamper... not common ones

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
etout00

#1: Post by etout00 »

Hi,
I'm looking for some suggestions for a 58-58.4mm tamper. In general I'm interested for suggestions other than the obvious ones like Reg Barber, Thor, Pullman, Rattleware, HB Marketplace wood tampers (Cannon fodder), Coffee compliments.com, Clive, Prima....

I am hoping to get some ideas from members who may make custom ones or know someone who makes custom ones or know of odd-ball lesser known types.

If you have a favorite one or know of an uncommon manufacturer please let me know your thoughts.

There are other posts about this topic including the HB Tamper road show...but many of those tampers are no longer made or have changed and therefore older threads about this topic may unfortunately have outdated suggestions.

Thanks

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

Why not get the tamper bottom you want and then see if Cannonfodder will make a handle out of a beautiful, exotic wood? Here's his link. You won't find anything better.

Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

jerbear00

#3: Post by jerbear00 »

Canon fodder makes beautiful wood products. Look up some of his posts. He has a long thread of pics

etout00 (original poster)

#4: Post by etout00 (original poster) »

I agree, Cannonfodder does makes some very nice tampers....I had him on my list of ones to consider.

Please keep the suggestions coming...I'm sure there are other unknown sources and manufacturers for unique tampers out there. If anyone has a tamper they are looking to part with let me know.

etout00 (original poster)

#5: Post by etout00 (original poster) »

Does anyone know where to get these tampers?

Terranova
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by Terranova »

etout00 wrote:Does anyone know where to get these tampers?
http://www.prorista.de/

TomC
Team HB

#7: Post by TomC »

Get in touch with Stephen Sweeney (FotonDvr)here on the forum, he's been making a few button tampers that work so much better than Reg Barber style tampers, my Reg Barber is now gathering dust. The design is simple, and getting a perfect, level tamp it much, much easier with them. I appreciate the more neutral wrist position they enable.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

damonbowe

#8: Post by damonbowe »

So you actually live near Chris coffee?

If you want something special, find someone to make a custom design that you come up with. Match it to a vst base.

triodelover

#9: Post by triodelover »

I found this site while looking for tamper alternatives the other day. He's located in the Netherlands, but there's some very nice looking work there. He lists a 58.3 but it appears custom sizes are possible with a fairly wide choice of handles.