Help! Quickmill Anita espresso machine pump failure

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
swelter00

#1: Post by swelter00 »

I've had the Anita for almost 3 years and already had to have it serviced once. Now it seems the pump is failing. Before I spend a few hundred $ to mail it back to the place I bought it from for repair, has anyone been able to replace/fix their pump themselves?

kize

#2: Post by kize »

Its easy. Pull the cover off and get the number off the pump. Order up one and toss it in there. Provided that it is in fact a pump problem.

Advertisement
HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

What are the symptoms of this pump failure? If it needs replacing, it's almost certainly this pump: http://www.chriscoffee.com/Ulka-Vibrato ... /mg072.htm
Dan Kehn

swelter00 (original poster)

#4: Post by swelter00 (original poster) »

I described the problem to the tech who had fixed the machine the last time, he says its the pump failing. The pressure gauge has beens staying low, the sound has turned into a light hum rather than the usual pump rumble, and pulling a shot takes longer and longer. Its been gradual - noticed late last week, and yesterday I just turned the machine off and gave up.

I would love to be able to replace the part myself, thanks for the link! I'll look into that.
Thanks for all your help!

WWBeagle

#5: Post by WWBeagle »

I replaced the pump on my 7 year old Anita two days ago. Dan's link is correct. It's a very common pump. I would not suggest doing it your self unless you have some basic mechanical ability. perhaps a technical friend can help you. Any local espresso tech can do it in 30 minutes. you do not need to send it away.

FYIW, the last three I changed for friends all needed pump priming with a turkey blaster.

orphanespresso
Sponsor

#6: Post by orphanespresso »

FYIW, the last three I changed for friends all needed pump priming with a turkey blaster
Around here they call that a shotgun! You may be frustrated with your machine but I would go slow with that blaster!!

WWBeagle

#7: Post by WWBeagle »

No worries Doug. Anita's do not have an air bleed on the pump intake. A small quick squirt of the baster filled with water gets her going in a few seconds.