Ratio Coffee Machine

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
mpkling

#1: Post by mpkling »

New coffee machine in the works from Clive Coffee: http://www.clivecoffee.com/product/rati ... chine.html.
Michael

jerbear00

#2: Post by jerbear00 »

I saw that. Looks nice but I think I will stick to my hario.

I am already short on counter space and I enjoy the control + easy cleaning

SpromoSapiens

#3: Post by SpromoSapiens »

Does anyone have any further information on this?
It's way beyond my price range but it seems like such a lovely machine, I'm wondering if there are any insiders, Portland locals or just plain lucky dogs with hands-on reports.

Eastsideloco

#4: Post by Eastsideloco »

You shouldn't have to be a trained barista to make great coffee, and you shouldn't have to be an engineer to clean your coffee maker.
However, if you are an engineer, it's a lot more likely that you can afford this coffee maker. :wink:

Materials and finish sound sweet:
Die cast nickel-plated aluminum contrasts with Oregon black walnut and borosilicate glass.
Coming soon to a Dwell magazine near you!

SpromoSapiens

#5: Post by SpromoSapiens »

Ha! Totally.
I guess it's pretty over-the-top for a machine offering such limited control. And I guess it's priced appropriately for people that are used to being served, as opposed to serving themselves, so that makes sense. But, hey, it's a beautiful piece o' gear. The fact that it's called a "Ratio 8" (for 8-cup batches) makes me wonder if maybe there could be a "Ratio 4" somewhere on down the line; cheaper, smaller, aimed at accommodating the single-cup set.

Anyway I emailed Ratio with some ?s, out of sheer curiosity.