Has anyone tried making their own green coffee extract?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Burner0000

#1: Post by Burner0000 »

My girlfriend just spend $45 on 90 g of the green coffee extract pills. the ingredients say it's basically just ground green coffee. Once she has used them if they do what they say I'd like to make my own. Has anyone tried this?
Roast it, Grind it, Brew it!.. Enjoy it!..

keno

#2: Post by keno »

Google it and you'll find plenty of instructions on how to do this. I did a quick review and this one looked pretty good:

http://www.makegreencoffee.com/

Give it a shot and report back here for the benefit of others who may be interested.

PS Good strategy to try it on your GF first! And even better if you can get her to pay you $45 for it! :D

Burner0000 (original poster)

#3: Post by Burner0000 (original poster) »

Haha... I wouldn't charge the worst customer in the world $45 for this stuff. The price is what I don't agree with.. 90 g of raw coffee costs me around $1.. If it turns out to be good I'll start selling green coffee bagged in matcha. I have seen read it makes a good addition to cold drinks. BTW the other stuff, raspberry key tone pills are 60% matcha. :) They do similar stuff plus antioxidants. If anyone is new to this stuff it apparently improves your metabolism and supply your body with chlorogenic acids which slow absorption of fat in your body. almost all of this stuff gets burned off when we roast it.

Randy G.

#4: Post by Randy G. »

As soon as I am off my South Beach Diet, run out of mushroom extract, try the high-protein no-carb diet, and try the no-protein high-carb diet, I will give it a shot. :shock:

A friend told me this story. He was at a Mensa meeting and was talking to a lady and the topic of diet came up and she said, "I don't eat meat. That's cruel."
He replied that he was a vegetarian as well. "Would you like some of this salad?" he asked.
"Oh, no. I don't believe in eating plants because they are living things."
"Well, what do you eat?" he asked her.
"For the last three weeks I have been living on cosmic energy."
He ended the story saying he walked away to go talk to someone else.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

cygnusx1

#5: Post by cygnusx1 »

Randy G. wrote:As soon as I am off my South Beach Diet, run out of mushroom extract, try the high-protein no-carb diet, and try the no-protein high-carb diet, I will give it a shot. :shock:

ROFL :mrgreen: Randy I always look forward to your observations!

#6: Post by Burner0000 (original poster) »

My brain just overheated....

Randy G.

#7: Post by Randy G. replying to Burner0000 »

As we do not know all the details, from the scant evidence I would theorize that if she has the kind of money that allows her to drop $45 on ground up green coffee beans, if I were you, I would start hinting at how awesome the Audi TT is! 60" LED Samsung? BMW K1300R? A threesome? Is her mom cute? Just spitballing here.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

#8: Post by Burner0000 (original poster) replying to Randy G. »

Ignoring that last part... I want the K1300R! If I start selling even for $5 per 100 g they will sell like hot cakes.