Olympia Maximatic Restoration Notes - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#21: Post by drgary (original poster) »

Here's the side with the chip retouched with green metallic nail polish. If you look closely it's easy to see, but it blends much better now. Next week I'll trade out the pump. For tomorrow I want to try Mike McGinnis's melange roast of Don Mayo with the Coffex to try and bring out some of the floral notes.

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Javier

#22: Post by Javier »

drgary wrote:Next week I'll trade out the pump.
If you don't mind me asking, are you replacing the ULKA pump with a Fluid-O-Tech pump? If so, is there a discernible/significant advantage of using one pump over the other? Thanks Dr. G!
LMWDP #115

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#23: Post by drgary (original poster) »

Yes, I'm going to try changing to FOT. Various write-ups here talk about there being an ideal pressure with that pump, especially when installing the bypass valve. Some of the shots with the Ulka have been just a touch bitter but I just pulled a wonderful shot of Compass Coffee Don Mayo with the Ulka pump, so maybe the difference is barista skills. We'll see. I'll post when I do this.
Gary
LMWDP#308

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#24: Post by drgary (original poster) »

So far the Ulka pump is more than fine. I'm thoroughly enjoying this machine as part of my office setup. Here's a beauty shot with demitasse cups to show people its truly small footprint.

Gary
LMWDP#308

mbazman

#25: Post by mbazman »

Hi... I know I'm a little late to this thread but I'm desperately seeking a replacement drip tray for one of my Olympia Maxamatic machines (including the perforated metal or plastic insert). Please does anyone have one lying around or can c point me in the right direction? Thanks!!!!!

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#26: Post by drgary (original poster) »

This is a good request to post in the Buy/Sell forum. The drip trays and grates for Olympia Express Maximatics are interchangeable with those for their Cremina.
Gary
LMWDP#308