Water not getting to heat exchanger ?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Zangana

#1: Post by Zangana »

Upon flipping the power switch on the pump first comes on with the pid off, pumps continues to run for a few minutes and turns off, then the "no water" sensor goes off, the intermittent beeping. Anyone have a clue what's going on? I talked to Chris' coffee, they told me it might be the valve, so I removed the piston and cleaned it but still no success. Thanks in advance.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#2: Post by cannonfodder »

I do not have that particular machine but when I was running reservoir fed machines the water indicator was not for flow into the group but rather the reservoir. It thinks your water tank is empty. On the old machines that was a switch under a pressure plate that the reservoir sat on. They would occasional get stuck or the pressure switch would vibrate loose and lower making the machine think the pressure plate had risen.
Dave Stephens

Advertisement
erics
Supporter ★

#3: Post by erics »

I ASSUME the valve you are referring to is the boiler fill solenoid valve. It seems as though your pump is trying to add a little water to the cold steam boiler and the fill solenoid for that boiler is misbehaving. Does your brew pressure gage go to 9+ bar during this event ?

Its sorta unlikely that the valve would be stuck closed on a machine this young so perhaps the solenoid coil has failed or the relay which sends power to the solenoid has failed.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com