Dialing in grind setting of the Baratza Preciso - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
dhunt (original poster)

#11: Post by dhunt (original poster) »

Excellent customer service from Colin at Baratza! He's sending me a new one right away with a shipping label to send the old one back!

IMAWriter

#12: Post by IMAWriter »

dhunt wrote:Great! Thanks! Also - my machine (Breville Dual Boiler) only gets up to about 5 bars of pressure when pulling a shot and I read it should be near 8 or 10. Is that cause of concern too? Also, my shots run about 19 - 20 seconds, should it be longer?
Yes, that would be a problem. 5 bar way to low, unless it's the gauge messing up.

As far as the Preciso grinding for espresso, I'm willing to bet your calibration screw (underneath the cover) is set to the middle.
I moved mine to the espresso setting. There is a link on the Baratza site with step by step pictorial instructions. It's easy.
Just make sure you put it back together, including the little plastic nub. You'll see.

EDIT:whoops, missed the last couple of posts. Should have read further.

dhunt (original poster)

#13: Post by dhunt (original poster) »

The new grinder came in yesterday and it is excellent! I first tried to choke the machine and put it at 6G and sure enough, it worked! I then bumped it up to 10A and it was too course so I moved it down to 8G and the flow was great!