Lever (Londinium) vs Dual boiler, importance of temperature accuracy - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
peacecup

#31: Post by peacecup »

Well, Kees makes both I think, so they must feel that each have their place?

Given the OP's question, think it would help to note a few of the brew parameters you prefer, in comparing between machines. I suppose the Speedster can easily change among them, temps, coffees, doses, etc. The L1 would take more time to dial in for any given combination?

Anyway, I'm not sure the OP had a Speedster in mind among his DB choices?
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

malling

#32: Post by malling »

espressotime wrote:Maybe you haven't compared the Speedster with a pro lever machine?
There is a difference between consumer machines like the Strega and a pro lever.Both in quality of the shots but also in consistancy.
That question is hardly relevant

He was asking about People's opinion regarding a Londinium 1 and a Prosumer DB, Not a speedster and a Pro Lever.

Advertisement
IMAWriter

#33: Post by IMAWriter »

malling wrote:The acidity is not necessarily Jagged on a DB machine, not even In the prosumer range.
I wasn't saying a db had jagged acidity, as I only had an HX. I was saying that to my taste, my Cremina produced a layered acidity.

bjornm (original poster)

#34: Post by bjornm (original poster) »

So I went down to Joe's HQ shop to do some comparisons. My plan was to compare their regular espresso blend as well as one of the SO on both the lever and the pump machine.

Unfortunately my mission failed though as the barista refused to serve me an espresso from the LM, which was located behind a glass window in the lab (tough he admitted that lightning would not strike him down if he would).

To his defense, he offered me an espresso on the house and it was excellent.

They are using a Mirage Idrocompresso by the way.