How to remove Bezzera Strega shower screen

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
UFGators

#1: Post by UFGators »

I have searched the web but I can't find anything. Can anyone please tell me how to remove the Bezzera Strega shower screen for cleaning? Thanks in advance.

espressotime

#2: Post by espressotime »

Use a little teaspoon .There's a small groove in the screen.

UFGators (original poster)

#3: Post by UFGators (original poster) »

On the side?

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by JohnB. »

Yes. Basically you want to pry down (gently) on the side of the screen working your way around until it drops out with the gasket. It's much easier to remove when the group is warm. The Strega uses a standard E61 style screen but the stock screen is on the flimsy side & dents easily. I replaced mine with one of the Espressoparts HQ screens.
LMWDP 267

pechelman

#5: Post by pechelman »

Alternatively, if your piston is out, take a blunt nosed handle of some sort, and gently push down from the inside going little by little around the circumference.

erik82

#6: Post by erik82 »

It's a 10 seconds job with a teaspoon or a flat screwdriver. Just be careful with the grouphead. The outer ring on the shower screen takes some attention. It isn't attached to the screen itself very well and can easily break off. Be sure to keep the teaspoon or screwdriver underneath that part and against the side of the shower screen.

Warm the machine to operating temperate like JohnB said. With a cold machine it's pretty hard and with a warm machine it pops out easily. First one side and then the other.

With the Strega I noticed, that because of the raised lip of the grouphead, the shower screen once loose will not come out easily every time. Then you just take the gasket out first and the shower screen will follow.