06 Rancilio Classe 8 rebuild. - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
heilong

#11: Post by heilong »

On my Faema Due the pump feet look(ed) very similar, but the rubber has almost disintegrated with time.
I was planning to use some rubber mounts and collars I've had in the parts box for my motorbike - one rubber would go to the hole in the pump mounting surface, another one in the hole in the frame. Collars from both outsides, tighten up with a bolt&nut. Nor perfect solution, but should work, the cost per 4 feet will be around $25, though, that seems a lot for such simple things.

Better suggestions on what can be done using regular hardware store parts are appreciated.

stuartmac (original poster)

#12: Post by stuartmac (original poster) »

finally got the power on for a wet test today, with the element un hooked. Good news is the electrical came on with no smoke, pump self primed from a bucket and the screen works.

Still

Most of the leaks we just minor and fixed quickly.

The flow restriction disks did not want to be installed as they leaked badly. Im assuming they go on the group head side and not the boiler side? they seamed to have an indent in them from being cranked against the threads. Are they the same as a crush washer one time use?

Im assuming this light sensor is the only level control as the boiler has no probe in it.

stuartmac (original poster)

#13: Post by stuartmac (original poster) »

can any one tell me why there are 9w and 16w solenoids? are the larger ones for the three way valves?

also i have a corroded and broken spring, can i replace the spring or do i have to do the whole valve body.

i also have ended up with with two different three way valves and body sizes on my left and right group indicating that one head was replaced at one point.