Is anyone in the US besides 1st-line still selling the PV Lusso? - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
peacecup

#21: Post by peacecup »

If you can find a Lusso seller, they are great machines - relatively easy to maintain and capable of great espresso. We took a poll a while back, and very few users seemed to have serious problems with their machines. Very easy temperature management, and the ability to steam milk while pulling shots.

If I were in the market for a new machine, and had the space and time to maintain one, I'd look at the Strega or other larger single-group levers. These would step up in build quality.

For me the Lusso fits the bill nicely - not too big, heats up fast enough (not as fast as the Export), and is super simple mechanically. Sometimes I feel silly heating two liters of water for 60 ml of espresso, but a commercial lever requires even more resources...

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

pacificmanitou

#22: Post by pacificmanitou »

Certainly makes sense. Lussos, for whatever reason, aren't profitable in the states. I suppose you could buy new from Italy. I've seen them sold new on eBay Italy quite often.

Sidenote: when did OE stop selling PV parts?
LMWDP #366

beer&mathematics

#23: Post by beer&mathematics »

A shame as Peacecup has taught us, they have so much positive going for it. My guess is part of why PVs are not as popular in the states is due to their shot sizes. It still is a bit surprising that PV doesn't back up their product.

OT: what are other manufacturers that aren't sold in the states for similar reasons?
LMWDP #431

nickw

#24: Post by nickw »

Hi Doug, thanks for the info. Too bad PV has such poor quality control and treats their dealers the way they do. Also sounds like they don't give you much of a margin to work with. Tis a shame, companies need to treat their dealers better.

Kaffee Bitte (original poster)

#25: Post by Kaffee Bitte (original poster) »

After giving it some thought I have decided to not attempt to purchase a PV Lusso. I have a wonderful espresso machine as it stands now so I will just be happy with what I have for now. I will look at others, possibly the Strega, but any future purchase can wait for as long as it needs to. thanks for the posts about the PV shipping issues.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110