Olympia Express Logo Badge Colors? - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#31: Post by drgary (original poster) »

Looking at 3M reference material online, apparently VHB tape type 4941 bonds to powder coat, so I've ordered that and will post when I've tried it.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#32: Post by drgary (original poster) »

Finally it's done and I'm really pleased. Here's the badge in place.

Gary
LMWDP#308

Advertisement
TomC
Team HB

#33: Post by TomC »

Well done. It looks good!
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

IMAWriter

#34: Post by IMAWriter replying to TomC »

+a lot. :D

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#35: Post by drgary (original poster) »

Thank you!

In the end the badge told me what it wanted. After stripping it I made sure the powder coater used a warm gray that would look good with the gold background of the badge. I tried to spray paint it as Doug suggested and the paint wouldn't adhere. It always left tiny bubbles even after very thoroughly cleaning the badge with soap and water after using paint remover. Granted I was using a RustOleum semi-gloss instead of Krylon. But before buying Krylon I showed the badge color to Janet and she liked it more as is. Also my first pass at UHB tape didn't adhere where the case is slightly creased on the left. This stronger version made for powder coat takes up the slack and covers the imperfection. Before trying the adhesive I stuck the tape to the back of the badge and left the paper covering on the outer surface to make sure the adhesive tape was protruding beyond the recess at the back of the badge. Since it was I was nearly certain the compressible tape would mold to the slightly uneven surface. With more uncertainty I would have mounted it on the lower right where the surface is flat. The adhesion is very strong so I had to place it very carefully. The right side of the badge is at the center line of the case. The height is 1/2 width of the badge below the top of the case. I used blue painter's tape to guide alignment.
Gary
LMWDP#308

spaz2

#36: Post by spaz2 »

Very nice job Gary.
tom