Chicago HB Get-Together 10: X Marks the Spot - Page 5

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
earlgrey_44

#41: Post by earlgrey_44 »

It's just insanely great that this group can assemble such a jaw dropping array of coffees, equipment, and food in one place, and proceed to enjoy it all with such hospitality and amiability.

Jim is allowed, I guess, to point out what flaws there were in his culinary presentation - I compel myself to do that too when I cook for people - but of course we have all enjoyed and appreciated all the other things he made and everything else too much to give much notice! Many thanks for hosting.

Thanks also to Alastair (Ultramatic Orange) for bringing the HG One and his OJT coaching in its use. The ability to experience the diversity of high end equipment over the course of the HB get togethers has been a big asset.

Enjoy the sunsets Joel. The Farmers Almanac predicts a nasty winter. Even if it's off about that this coming season, I'm sure you'll have reason to gloat at us soon enough! If there's no water for coffee one morning though, remember, you were warned! :D
Trust your taste. Don't trust your perception.