Need help with wiring Wega Mini Nova (pre 2002)

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
RandyRostie

#1: Post by RandyRostie »

I recently took apart and rebuilt my pre-2002 model Wega MiniNova EPU machine.
The frame had a lot of corrosion, so I took it apart, sand-blasted the frame and repainted it with white enamel appliance paint.
Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of the wiring when I disconnected it, so it doesn't work...
When I plug it in and turn on the main power, it activates the pump to fill the boiler, (and turns it off,)
and starts to heat up. Nothing happens when I turn on the brew switch. I am hoping I didn't burn out something in the control box because it was wet when I turned it on.
I found a general manual for the wega machines, but it is for the multi-group machines:
http://www.wegausa.com/_docs/pdfs/techn ... tional.pdf

This is the image I made from the manual of what I think is for the single group machine

Here is pics of the switches as currently wired:

The middle switch is the main power, the left is the brew switch, right is the tea water switch as wega calls it.

Here is the wiring to the pressure switch:

This is a 4th switch that I don't know what it does, but I always thought it was the master power

I could probably figure it out if I knew how the switches worked. They seem to be double gang triple throw(?)

rayblewett

#2: Post by rayblewett »

I am in the UK and of course on 240V but I think the basic Mini Nova is the same.
Mine has only 3 switches and a steam knob.
Yours may be the more upmarket model described as fully automatic with a grinder.
When you put the brew switch on make sure the solenoid behind the coffee handle is working.
These are prone to burning out from water leaking from above when cold. If this is not functioning then hot water will not pass into the filter system.

If it helps I have a parts manual in PDF form on my computer which I can email to you.
Pretty much shows what goes where !
I also have another machine going back to 1980's and not much internally has changed.