Gimme Leftist - A brewed coffee sleeper

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
JmanEspresso

#1: Post by JmanEspresso »

Real quick, this coffee is a sleeper. Its sold as their flagship espresso blend, but honestly, its probably the best blend of coffee Ive brewed in a long time. I dont often buy coffee to brew, I generally roast, and when I DO buy coffee to brew, I almost always buy a single origin. But, Ive had my espresso machine off for a little while because Ive been putting off doing a descale, and the heat/humidity isn't making me go any faster. So, I ended up using this coffee for brewing ove the last two weeks or so.

It is killer.

Super sweet, but at the same time, not sticky candy sweet. Sortof raw sugar sweetness. But the star of the cup, for me, is the combination of a brown sugar backbone, with an apple/blueberry center. It is so unmistakeably brown sugar and apples, its unreal. The blueberry started to come out after a few days, and disappeared shortly after. A nice little touch to the overall cup.

I totally devoured the bags I bought, such a surprise, and a wonderful cup of coffee. Highly suggest picking up a bag or four :)

Brewed with the Hario V60/Baratza Vario combo
26-28 grams of coffee
440-460 grams of water

And the technique I use for the V60, is like what is shown in this video